Top 10 Facts on the Midwest Standup Paddle Festival
The Midwest Standup Paddle Festival is this weekend, July 12 – 13, in Madison, Wisc. Here are the top then things to know about this year’s event:
2. Madison will attempt the Guinness World Record for the largest SUP yoga class. Join in! Bring your own board or borrow one from Paddleboard Specialists (*pre-registration is required if you need a board).
3. There will be gear galore! Demo the latest in SUP gear at the expo, then get some! All gear will be marked down with special event pricing.
4. Want to try SUP Yoga? This is the time to do it! There will be multiple classes for new and experienced SUP yogis.
5. There will be a fun race for SUP newbies! For new or less experienced paddlers, there will be a 2-mile recreational race that will be a blast.
6. Paddleboard Specialists experts will be at on-site. Stop by to talk shop or ask questions about gear.
7. The 6-mile race for experienced paddlers and is sanctioned by the WPA (*pre-registration required). Not into racing? Cheer on the competitors from land!
8. Entry to the Midwest Standup Paddle Festival is FREE, but pre-registration for all races ends Friday, July 11, at 5:30pm. REGISTER NOW!
*SUP Yoga World Record attempt participation and all land-based clinics are free. Varying fees apply to water-based clinics.
9. You can bond with your kid and get some board time while you SUP in the Parent Child Paddle.
10. Expedition paddler Mike Simpson will share stories about circumnavigating Puerto Rico earlier this year. Simpson will also provide insight into how to safely carryout your own expedition.
Check out the video from the 2013 Midwest Standup Paddle Festival.
For more information, visit: PaddleboardSpecialists.com
Click here for Features.