The Butterfly Effect Heads to Maui
Fresh from her return from the inaugural Butterfly Effect Whistler Snow Edition, BE founder, Tatiana Howard, and her team are preparing for the main Butterfly Effect event of the year in Hawaii. The 8th Annual Butterfly Effect Maui will take place on April 26th, 2014 at Baldwin Beach Park.
The annual aloha, non-competitive, inspiring, and all-women downwinder has become an integral part of the Maui community since its inception in 2007. In what has now become Butterfly tradition, the day will start with a Hawaiian blessing on the beach and a hula-infused yoga warm up before the women head out for the downwind group adventure.
Launching around 10am from Baldwin Beach Park, the challenging yet rewarding three-mile course brings together women of all ages and abilities, who will paddle alongside Olympic and professional athletes for tips and support. Maui County safety crew and a number of Maui-based professional watermen and women will be on the water to ensure safety of the group as they head to Kanaha Beach Park.
Upon arrival at Kanaha Beach Park, the Butterflies will be greeted with a celebratory and inclusive beach festival. The festival will include tips from the pros, artists of all genres, yoga fitness, instructors, live music, dancing, local food, aerial silk dancing, photo booth fun, a beach clean up, lots of product prizes, and special surprises!
Get involved, encourage your friends, and come be part of the Butterfly Effect movement. Every participant will be contributing to our goal of planting over 300 native trees on Maui! Paddle and Plant! BE involved and BE the difference you want to see in the world!
Individual Registration: USD$35
• Entry into event
• Event Lycra and Goodie Bag
• Beach Festival at Kanaha
• Free Yoga Sessions with Infusion Yoga Maui*
• Each participant registered = One native tree planted on Maui with Plant a Wish Foundation
• Beach Clean Up
• Body Painting by Meryl Haywood
• Beach Massages by Body Therapeutics Maui
• After Party Entry at Charley’s in Paia with Q103
Team Registration: USD$120 – 4 Butterfly Participants
BE a TEAM! Sign up or sponsor a group of four women to paddle and play at the Butterfly Effect Maui! This is great if you have a store or company and would like to encourage and/or sponsor your employees or colleagues for the event. Get a group of ladies ready to dress up and get creative for the paddle. BE a TEAM! Promote your company, have matching outfits or wild ones. Let’s see what you got!
SCHEDULE of EVENTS
• Opening ceremony at Flatbread Pizza in Paia: Thursday, April 24th at 5pm
• Yoga sessions at Infusion Yoga Maui in Paia:
Sunday, April 20th at 11am.
Tuesday, April 22nd at 11am
Thursday, April 24th at 11am
• Fitness Sessions at Upcountry Fitness:
Total Body Workout with Lindsey: Monday, April 21st at 5:30pm
MASHUP with Jessica and Greyson: April 23rd at 5:30pm
• BE Maui:
Fun Downwinder and Festival, April 26 at 9am
• Official After Party at Charley’s in Paia at 10pm
Evening attire dress code (Required: evening wear for ladies, collar and button down shirts for men and closed shoes)
$15 cover (Free entry for Butterfly participants wearing event wristbands)
• Paddle and Plant! Be a part of the native trees being planted. Sunday, April 27, immediately after the event, everyone is welcome to come to Kula and help plant the native trees. We will be planting at Protea Gardens of Maui from noon to sunset.