Stand Up Paddling has many disciplines and one of the best is downwind paddling. The Columbia River Gorge provides one of the premiere locations to downwind in the world. Now you get to experience and learn about this awesome form of SUP with the best downwind paddler in the world, Dave Kalama.
Our home base during the camp, August 13-16 is Hood River, Ore., which is a picturesque mountain town located directly on the Columbia River Gorge. The Kamp will take place the week before the Columbia River Gorge Challenge, so you will be able to hone your skills if you are competing in the event.
• Equipment designed for the downwind conditions of the Gorge
• Hotel accommodations at Hood River Inn
• All meals provided • Daily transportation to/ from Hood River Inn
• World class instruction from Dave Kalama, John Denney and Brody Welte
Kalama Kamp accommodations will be at The Hood River Inn which is a unique Hood River hotel on the Columbia River shoreline, convenient to nearby attractions and recreational opportunities in the Columbia River Gorge and Mt. Hood area. Come experience some of the best downwinding conditions with the legend, Dave Kalama.
“I have caught some of my longest glides at the Gorge. This is one of the top spots in the world for downwinding” -Dave Kalama
Cost per person with private accommodations is $2499
Local price without accommodations is $1995
To reserve a spot please visit our website at Kalamakamp.com For questions contact Brody Welte at 619-433-9063 or email@example.com
- Industry News: Doheny Surf Festival Scheduled For August
- Weekend Primer: Kalama Kamp, Catalina Challenge and More
- Industry News: Boardworks SUP Returns to Weber River With Show Up and Blow Up SUP Cross
- All Good in the Hood
- Industry News: The Boardworks Weber River SUP Cross