The Battle moves south with all the carnage we’ve loved watching in Hawaii and California. After a successful fifth year of the Rainbow Sandals Gerry Lopez Battle of the Paddle California, Rainbow Sandals announces the Battle of the Paddle Rio, to be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The inaugural event will take place April 5-7, 2013, offering the same races and racing formats as the California Battle as well as an expo.
The first BOP to be held beyond American shores will offer an Elite Race, Open Race, Kids Race, SUP Surf Relays and a Distance Race. Handcrafted awards and cash prizes will be awarded to the top paddlers in what’s expected to be the largest SUP race outside of California. The event will not take place of the BOP California, so next year’s west coast event is still on. Entries from around the world are expected once again, so reserve your entry early as space may be limited.
Friday, April 5, 2013
5 – 9 PM: Official Expo Opening and Launch Party
Saturday, April 6, 2013
9 AM – 8 PM: Elite Race & Open Age Group Race, Happy Hour eShow
Sunday, April 7, 2013
9 AM – 8 PM: Distance Race, Kids’ Race, SUP Surf Relay, & Cocktail eShow
- Rainbow Sandals Doubles Down On Premier Event
- Industry News: San Francisco’s Battle of the Bay and Expo
- Industry News: Ocean Minded Announces Sponsorship of Watermans Paddle for Humanity Series
- Teaser: Battle of the Paddle California
- Industry News: Boardworks Announces Nationwide “Show Up and Blow Up” Tour