Preview: Paddle Stars Race for the Cash
Paddle Stars is a premier SUP event that has teamed up with the Halifax Rowing Association in Daytona Beach Florida. HRA’s Summer Regatta is going into it’s 18th year of hosting an awesome race-day and has seen their number of competitors rise steadily over the years. Last year, over 400 rowers competed and this year their numbers are expected to rise even more!
Paddle Stars will be attracting paddlers from all over the East Coast to compete for a HUGE pile of cash—$10,000 to be exact. Racing from both City Island in downtown Daytona and from the beach, competitors of the $10K Elite Event will have to master both the OCEAN and the RIVER while racing in three very different races: a grueling 7.5-mile ocean race, a 4-mile technical race and a 1/2-mile Sprint Race. The best combined time from the three races will win $10,000!
Paddle Stars realizes that it takes a special athlete to compete in such an event and offers something for everyone, including a 4-mile Recreational Race in which the fastest men’s time will win $1,000 and the fastest woman’s time will also win $1,000.
• We’ve added a Street SUP race on Sunday, July 27, on the boardwalk in Daytona Beach
• Our Meet and Greet will be at the Daytona Cubs game on Friday, July 25th, and all ticket holders over 18 have a chance to win a used car at the Cubs’ Jimmy Buffett night
• Hawaiian Tropic is hosting “A Day at the Beach” on Sunday, July 27, on Daytona Beach, right in front of the Hilton Hotel, Daytona Beach, Fla.
• We’re introducing the Volusia/Flagler County Special Olympic SUP team
• We’ll be getting a visit from Cubby on Saturday, July 26
• Kids can learn about fishing at the “Kids Can Fish Too” booth
• Marine Discovery Center will host a touch and feel booth
• Secure Racers Village, graciously sponsored by Hometown News; authorized admission only
• On Saturday night there’s a live band at the Band Shell on the Boardwalk
• We’ve got fireworks Saturday night! Who wants to organize a paddle?
• Open Class division in Ocean Race: calling all OCs, Ocean Skis, prone paddle boarders
• A Yoga SUP demo is possible—who wants in?
• We’ll have a Sponsor/Exhibitor Row
• The Food Court will be on-site to fuel your racing
• There will be Equipment Demo Areas
• We have lots of Giveaways
Did you know Volusia County, Fla. is the birthplace of speed? What more perfect location could we pick for Paddle Stars. Don’t miss the races and the party!
Booth space while available will be sold through July 18th, 2014. Meet and Greet tickets are being sold through July 23rd, 2014.
Paddle Stars Schedule of Events
Friday, July, 25
7:30PM: Mandatory Race Meeting in Hilton Resort (meeting is for 10K SUP race only)
Saturday, July, 26
7:00 AM: CHECK IN/REGISTRATION opens at 7 AM and CLOSES at 8:30 AM, NO EXCEPTIONS!
9:00 AM: SUP Tri-Paddle Starts with the Elite 1/2-mile Sprint (1st Leg of Tri-Paddle)
11:00 AM: Recreational 4-mile Race
1:00 PM: Elite 4-mile Obstacle Course (2nd Leg of Tri-Paddle)
2:30 PM: Groms Race
Sunday, July, 27
9:00 AM: Elite 7.5 Mile Race (Final Leg of Tri-Paddle)
12:00 PM: CROWNING OF THE CHAMPION
For more information: Paddlestars.com or 386-320-3430
For details on the Halifax Regatta, visit: HalifaxRowing.org
Click here for more Industry News.