The first event of the Women’s Standup World Tour, the Turtle Bay Pro, went off in fine fashion at Kuilima Point on Oahu’s North Shore. Brazil’s Nicole Pacelli took top honors as the first event champion of the Tour, with elite racer Candice Appleby securing a solid second, Vanina Walsh finishing third, and Hanna Fenton in fourth.
The young guns also came out to Turtle Bay in full force for the first Na Kama Kai Youth Challenge of 2013. Poenaiki Raioha, Benoit Carpentier, Mo Freitas and Tucker Ingalls put on incredible performances with Poenaiki Raioha taking the win.
Check out the awe-inspiring imagery from the events:
Photos by Greg Panas
Check back for news and updates as SUP magazine covers the Sunset Beach Pro.
- SUWT: Sunset Beach Pro and Turtle Bay Pro Kick Off Next Week
- SUWT: Sunset Beach Pro, Turtle Bay Women’s Pro Kick Off Feb. 6th
- SUWT: Location X Finals Air on NBC This Sunday
- North Shore Paddle Challenge at Turtle Bay
- Connor Baxter Secures Another Win At Turtle Bay Summer Paddle Challenge