Video: 2015 Standup World Series Trailer
The Stand Up World Series is pulling out at all stops in 2015. Six stops to be exact, across four continents, the largest of which—Brazil—hosted upwards of 600 competitors in 2014. The SUWS is among the most competitive circuits in SUP racing, hosting marquee athletes like Kai Lenny, Connor Baxter and Zane Schweitzer among a slew of other top-tier racers. Last year, Maui’s Connor Baxter and Vancouver’s Lina Augaitis took the title. This year, with a new crop of world-class competitors and a stacked squad of veterans all seeking to dethrone the 2014 champs, the title race is bound to be neck-and-neck to the finish.
The series kicks off in Barcelona, Spain, on June 26 in conjunction with the second race of the European Cup, then moves to Germany, Brazil, Japan, California and finally, Oahu. Stay tuned to SUPthemag.com for event previews and exclusive coverage of the Standup World Series.
Full schedule for the 2015 Standup World Series
1. Barcelona SUP World Series, Spain: June 26th – 28th
2. Fehmarn World Cup of SUP, Germany: August 7th – 9th
3. Brazilian Open of Stand Up Paddling, Sao Paolo, Brazil: August 14th – 16th
4. Hayama Pro, Japan: September 4th – 6th
5. US Open of Stand Up Paddling, Huntington Beach, USA: October 2nd – 4th
6. World Series Finals @ Turtle Bay, Hawaii: October 16th – 18th
Visit the Waterman League website for more info on the Standup World Series.