The “Show Up and Blow Up” Standup Paddle Demo Tour is coming to YOU, this spring!
Starting on the east coast this spring, and moving to the Rocky Mountains for the summer, Boardworks will be at every major whitewater event of the year. These events will consist of product demos, clinics, and races, showcasing what the sport of SUP has to offer.
• If you have been wanting to try Stand Up Paddle boarding but haven’t had the opportunity, this is your chance.
• Test new inflatables, Learn-to-paddle SUP’s, even world class race boards…all there, all for free, and all offered with SUP lessons for beginner thru expert levels
• If you have been wanting to buy an SUP this is a great opportunity to test drive some of the best products on the market.
“The beauty of the sport is that it can be done in any body of water, anywhere,” says team paddler and sales rep Mike Tavares. Mike along with pro paddler Haley Mills will be traveling around the country and heading up the tour. “Stand Up Paddling is something anyone can do. We know there are lots of people who want to try, but have not been able to make it happen…well here’s your chance. Haley and I have introduced literally hundreds of people to the sport. We look forward to helping more people get out for some fun on the rivers and lakes,” noted Mike.
Boardworks will be showcasing:
o Inflatable SUPs including the Shubu “Show up and Blow Up”
o New game changing Multi Chamber Inflatable Badfish SUPs.
o The Badfish hardboards – MVPs and the River Surfers (the premier river specific SUPs)
o All around flatwater boards including the Raven, Joyride, and EPX models.
o World Class race boards- Morrelli & Melvins and Ohanas.
Tavares and Mills will team up with local specialty retailers to make it all happen. Check out the schedule:
o Alabama Mountain Games -Cleveland, AL – March 16-18
o Nantahala Outdoor Center Spring Shootout, NC – April 20-22
o Carolina Cup – Wrightesville Beach, NC April 27-29
o Dominion River Rock -Richmond, VA May 18-20
o CKS Paddlefest – Buena Vista, CO–May 25-27
o Fibark – Salida, CO – June 14-17
o Gunnison River Festival – Gunnison, Colorado – June 22 23
o Missoula River Festival – Missoula, MO June 27-29
o Kellys Whitewater Park –Cascade, ID July 7 8
o Weber River Show Up & Blow UP SUP Cross July 31
o World Cup Freestyle Finals -Nantahala Wesser NC Sept 7-9
o Gauley River Festival – Summersville, VA Sept 13 16
o River Rocks, Chattanooga, TN – Oct 5 7
Stay tuned to Boardworkssup.com for more info and updates on each event in the tour.
- Industry News: Michael Tavares Joins Boardworks
- Industry News: Boardworks, Badfish Unveil Inflatable SUP for 2012
- Industry News: Badfish Joins Boardworks
- Industry News: Surftech Announces New National Sales Manager
- Industry News: Ohana Joins Boardworks