(Moscow, ID) – NRS, leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance and innovative gear for water, announces a few of the highlights from their spring 2013 line-up. From some of the best-made and best-looking inflatable SUP boards to a personal flotation device that was 3-years in the making, NRS shows why they continue to dominate on the water.
NRS SUP Boards:
– Inflatable construction makes it oh so easy to transport and store this high-performance board. No need for a roof rack
– Include a high-pressure pump for easy inflation, a K-Pump Kwik Check Pressure Gauge, and even a backpack for transporting the board
– A wide webbing strap in the center of the board that makes a convenient carry handle
– Come with 3 removable, interchangeable fins allowing users to customize their boards to fit the water they’re riding
New SUP Boards:
Tyrant 4 (MSRP: $995)
With sporty lines, grippy deck surface, stomp pad and interchangeable fins, the Tyrant provides unrivaled wave-shredding performance. When not challenging the waves, the Tyrant’s sleek profile and short waterline help it glide efficiently for flatwater fitness paddling and touring.
– 34 inches wide and 9 feet long
– 4” thick PVC drop-stich inflates to 15 psi air pressure for a rigid, no-flex ride
Czar 6 (MRSP: $1,195)
The 9’6” Czar Inflatable SUP Board is the NRS Tyrant SUP on steroids. Same surf-ready lines, grippy deck surface, stomp pad and interchangeable fins, but 6” longer and 2” thicker to accommodate larger paddlers.
– 6″ thick PVC drop-stitch inflates to 15 psi air pressure for a rigid, no-flex ride that responds to every paddle stroke and body movement
Earl 6 (MSRP: $1,195)
The new Early 6 is designed for efficient paddling and smooth turning; this is a great all-around stand-up paddle board for fitness paddling, touring, river running and light surfing. With its 6-inch-thick design, this board provides the same sleek and swift ride as the original Earl 4, but with more air volume for larger paddlers (up to 225 lbs).
– Inflates to a rock-hard 15 psi for performance that rivals a hard board, then rolls up compactly when deflated for easy transport and storage
Baron 6 (MSRP: $1,395)
Like the original Baron 4, the 11’4” Baron 6 is long, wide and built to glide, now in a 6-inch-thick version with more air volume for larger paddlers. The big, stable Baron 6 provides a sturdy platform for river running, touring, fitness paddling and even SUP yoga.
– With 358 liters of air volume, the 6-inch-thick Baron 6 is NRS’ highest-volume board, providing optimal performance and stability for paddlers 250+ lbs
New Personal Flotation Devices
Zen Rescue Life Jacket (MSRP: $113.95)
Three years in the making, the Zen Rescue Life Jacket (type V) is a great choice for paddlers and guides who want a great fitting, comfortable PFD with swiftwater rescue features like a quick release belt. This jacket, based on the popular Ninja life Jacket, has 17.5 pounds of PVC-free flotation. It’s low profile and comfortable, and the reinforced shoulders take the strain of rescue maneuvers.
– The 1 1Ž2” quick-release rescue belt, with stainless steel attachment ring provides safety for detaching easily from a rope or another anchor point
– Front floating panel provides a better fit and a quick-drying VaporLoft™-lined place to keep hands warm when it’s cold
– Padded production along the arm holes and sides of the jacket provide crucial impact protection
– 500-denier Cordura® shell wears like iron
Women’s Zoya Mesh Back PFD (MSRP: $99.95)
Designed just for women, the NRS Zoya Life Jacket gives you the comfort and safety for all paddling adventures. With PlushFIT foam panels sculpted to fit the female body, handwarmer pockets and easy adjustment, women are going to love this jacket.
– Six side and two shoulder adjustments provide the precise fit for each wearer
– Front foam panels are anatomically sculpted for a woman’s body
– Design flotation: 16.5 lbs
Disco Surf Shirt Neoprene Top (MSRP: $99.95)
Dance with abandon in the wind, spray and rain with the new Disco Surf Shirt. The perfect action-ready top for kayaking, SUP, surfing and other water sports when cooler conditions demand extra warmth.
– 1-mm raw neoprene stretches to match every move while shedding water to prevent evaporative cooling
– Fleecy ThermalPlush™ lining adds warmth and next-to-skin comfort
– Flatlock stitching for durable, comfortable seams
– 0.5-mm HydroSkin™ panels with nylon facing add comfort and mobility in key zones
– Spandex panels under the arms and below the chin help prevent chafing
These items– and much more– will be available at retailers nationwide Spring 2013.
For more info, visit NRS.com