Brazilian Leco Salazar clinched the Standup World Tour title today with a win at the Location X Finals in the British Virgin Islands.
Kai Lenny bowed out to Keahi de Aboitiz in the quarterfinals, leaving Sean Poynter and Salazar in the running. The two frontrunners met in the semi-finals where Salazar eliminated Poynter.
Salazar needed to win the event to secure the title and came up against an in-form Caio Vaz in the final. Salazar surfed well posting scores of 9.5 and 7 for a combined heat total of 16.5 in the fun, shoulder-high waves. Vaz didn’t lay down, though, finishing the final with a 13.5 scoreline.
Congratulations to Salazar. We’re already looking forward to next year. —Will Taylor
Please stay tuned as we update this post.
- Kai Lenny Wins Second World Title
- Standup World Tour – Kai Lenny wins Brittany, France
- Stand Up World Tour Makes First Stop on Mainland
- Standup World Tour: Location X Kicks Off
- Sean Poynter Wins Tahiti Stop on the Standup World Tour