Bora Bora’s Liquid Festival hosted hundreds of water athletes competing in the 12th annual ocean competition last weekend. The event, originally known as the Ironmana, included various ocean-based events, as well as cultural festivities on the side.
Competitors took to the pristine Tahitian waters to race in standup paddling sprints, single-man outrigger canoe (va’a hoe) and surfski races, as well as long distance rough water swims. The field of international competitors raced before beaches full of spectators and lots of action on the sand, including live DJ’s, Tahitian dance shows, barbecues and kids programs. The festival’s competitive side produced some unreal shots and Bora Bora’s now on our list of places to visit for an SUP trip:
- Blast from the Past: The 14 Days Indo Photo Gallery
- Battle of the Paddle Hawaii highlights, winner interviews and photo gallery
- Surf Race to Victory Gallery
- Standup World Tour: Tahiti Photo Update
- Mitchell, Appleby Paddle To Victories At 4th Annual Ta-hoe Nalu Paddle Festival