The inaugural Standup World Tour Women’s event, the Turtle Bay Pro, brought some of the best female paddlesurfers from around the globe to Oahu’s North Shore this week. The ladies battled it through trial heats at Kuilima Point, with a fierce final that included Candice Appleby, Vanina Walsh, Hannah Fenton, and Nicole Pacelli. After great runs by all four competitors, Pacelli was able to secure enough points for the coveted win. Candice Appleby came in second, with Vanina Walsh and Hannah Fenton in third and fourth.
Groms also faced heavy competition at Turtle Bay in the Na Kama Kai Youth Challenge. The finals seemed more like the main event’s finals with Poenaiki Raioha, Benoit Carpentier, Mo Freitas and Tucker Ingalls fighting for the first win of the year. Tahiti’s Poenaiki Raioha secured the first place position after an incredible performance.
Check back for more updates on the Standup World Tour’s 2013 kickoff events.
- Standup World Tour: Bonga Perkins Wins Sunset Pro
- Sean Poynter Wins Tahiti Stop on the Standup World Tour
- Standup World Tour: Sunset Pro Trials
- Standup World Tour – Kai Lenny wins Brittany, France
- Standup World Tour: Sunset Pro, Day 1