Sausalito Waterfront Standup Paddleboard Race
June 18, 2016
Notice of Race
Organizing authority: Sausalito Yacht Club, 100 Humboldt Ave. Sausalito, CA & Desolation Outdoors Inc.: P.O. Box 334, 1550 G. Tiburon Blvd. Tiburon, CA 94920
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
1. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
1.1 The race is open to all persons with stand up paddleboards (SUP)
1.2 Entry can be made at;
1.3 The fee is $30 per entrant
1.4 Further questions can be answered by contacting; Desolation Outdoors, 800 383 1430, or email, email@example.com.
If you do not have your own equipment, you may borrow equipment from Desolation Outdoors. Please inquire about this early as loaner equipment is limited. If loaners run out, please contact Steve Merrifield of Demo Sport in San Rafael, CA at (415) 454-3500 to coordinate rental equipment. Equipment will be delivered for you on race day.
2. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday , June 18, 2016
*Competitor Check In : Opens at 8:30am and closes at 9:30am
*Competitor Safety Meeting: 9:30am sharp
1 st Start Advanced:
2 nd Start Intermediate:
3 rd Start Beginner:
*Bar and Food: After Racing (no host)
*Awards: Once all athletes are off the water and settled
*Mingle, Food and Bar: Continued after awards (no host)
3. RACE INSTRUCTIONS
Race Instructions will be available no later than 8:00pm Thursday, June 16, at the SYC and on our website.
May 5, 2016
4. RACING AREA AND COURSES
4.1 The intended racing area will be the Sausalito waterfront area with a course approaching the north area of the Golden Gate Bridge for advanced racers.
4.2 The courses will be defined in the Racing Instructions.
4.3 There are 3 courses intended for skill levels of: Beginner (3.5 nm), Intermediate
(4.5 nm), and Advanced (6.5nm) .
5. SCORING: A competitor’s score is their place after crossing the finish line once properly completing the appropriate course.
6. PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded to at least the top 3 finishers in each division. Desolation Outdoors will be supplying prizes.
7. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Competitors shall participate in the race entirely at their own risk. The organizing authority does not accept any liability for material damage
or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with, prior to, during, or after the race.
Each competitor will personally assess their own ability to compete at the different level they have chosen.
8. Arrival: Upon arriving at the event, please drop your equipment off at the designated event board coral in front of the Sausalito Yacht Club. There will be an event coordinator on location to safeguard equipment at all times. You can drive right up to the board coral. After parking, section 9 , event personnel at the club entry will direct you.
9. PARKING: Parking in the SYC parking lot is only by SYC decal. Parking in the City of Sausalito parking lot #4 is $5.00 per day. The club is located in lot #1
More information is at; http://www.ci.sausalito.ca.us/index.aspx?page=434
10. Pets: Sausalito Yacht Club has a no pets allowed on premises policy. This includes the parking lot.
Jeff Zarwell, PRO (415) 5958364
SYC Race Office: firstname.lastname@example.org 415 3327400
May 5, 2016 2
Notice of race drafted: May 5, 2016 3