Learn how to paddle short and long expeditions and distance races with R2AK’s Karl Kruger and Rob Casey from Salmon Bay Paddle on Orcas Island, WA.
Dates: Feb 1-3 / April 26-28
In this 2.5 day course, we’ll circumnavigate Shaw or Stuart Islands depending on conditions.
- Hands-on Marine Navigation
- Which equipment is best for trips and distance racing
- How to outfit your gear
- Cross training for core strength, stability and balance
- Nutrition and hydration basics for trips and endurance racing
- Board and gear outfitting tips
- Distance trip and race tactics and strategy
- Night paddling skills