Tahoe Cup Picks Up With Jam from the Dam
The 2014 O’Neill Tahoe Cup summer race series continues with its second of three events, the Jam from the Dam, this Saturday, July 12. The second race will offer up part of the series’ $20,000 prize purse for multiple divisions.
Hundreds of paddlers are expected at the annual event, that includes a 6-miler as well as the 4th Annual Rob Rojas Keike Challenge, a free SUP race for kids under 12 years old. The 6-miler is open to paddlers of all skill levels and starts at Commons Beach in Tahoe City, taking competitors on a dash along Lake Tahoe's North Shore around Dollar Point to Carnelian Bay, to finish at Waterman's Landing, adjacent to Sierra Boat Company.
In addition to the competitive events, there will be an expo with demos provided by Surftech starting after the Keike Challenge. Lunch will be provided by Waterman’s Landing and awards following.
Jam from the Dam Details
• Shuttle transportation to the start (Commons Beach) will be offered for people only. No boards allowed!
• Shuttle transportation will depart at 8:15AM from Waterman’s Landing
• The Rob Rojas Keike Challenge is FREE; open to kids under 12 years old.
• Free board demos provided by Surftech
• Multiple divisions offered
• Awards will be presented to both men’s and women’s top three finishers in the Open (including youth, 18 and under, and masters 55+), Elite and Outrigger OC1 division.
• PFD’s required
Click here to view highlights and results from Donner Lake, the first race of the 2014 Tahoe Cup series.
For more information, visit: TahoeCup.org
Click here for Event Coverage presented by SIC Maui.