The Big Chop Summer Paddle Series, in partnership with Mountain Equipment Co-op, is proud to announce the expansion of the series to include a season ending "Super Chop" paddle-sport race.
On Saturday, September 14th, 2013, the Super Chop will be the tenth and final race in the Big Chop series and will feature three course distances: 3km, 7km and 15km. Participants can paddle any type of non-oarlocked or non-motorized craft including a kayak, surfski, outrigger, canoe or standup paddleboard. Organizers are expecting to have 300 paddlers on the start line which will make it the largest multi-boat paddle race in Canada.
The Super Chop is preceded by the regular Big Chop season that begins on Thursday, May 9th, and continues every second Thursday until August 29th. All races start and finish from the Vancouver Ocean Sports compound located in Vanier Park, Vancouver, BC. This will be the 7th season of the Big Chop.
Schedule of Events:
• Race #1 - Thursday, May 9th
• Race #2 - Thursday, May 23rd
• Race #3 - Thursday, June 6th
• Race #4 - Thursday, June 20th
• Race #5 - Thursday, July 4th
• Race #6 - Thursday, July 18th
• Race #7 - Thursday, August 1st
• Race #8 - Thursday, August 15th
• Race #9 - Thursday, August 29th
• Race #10 - Saturday, September 14th