All paddlers are invited to come together for a day of community on the water to support Team River Runner at Pints & Paddle for a Cause on Saturday, September 15 at the Mission Bay Yacht Club!
From never-ever, to just for fun or seasoned paddler, the emphasis will be on FUN versus speed and everyone is encouraged to join in.
For those who don't own a kayak or SUP board, we have you covered - rentals will be provided through Aqua Adventures if booked in advance.
- Khaotic Kayak: Teams of three per kayak, including two paddlers and a gunner. The gunner will be using a super soaker to slow down competitors on a 150-yard course around a buoy. Heats of three or four boats will compete in each qualifying heat, with the winning team advancing to the final. Kayaks, paddles, life jackets (PFD's) and water soakers are provided. Dress to get wet!
- SUP Pandemonium: Teams of two per stand up paddleboard, a paddler and a gunner. The gunner will be using a super soaker to slow down competitors on a 150-yard course around a buoy. Heats of three or four SUP boards will compete in each qualifying heat, with the winning team advancing to the final. SUP boards, paddles, life jackets (PFD's) and water soakers are provided. Dress to get wet
- TRR Social Paddle on Mission Bay: Fun paddle exploring Mission Bay with short and long courses available. All levels including beginners and never-evers are welcome. Bring your own kayak or stand up paddleboard. Not to worry if you don't have one: Rentals are available from Aqua Adventures and will be waiting for you at the event if booked in advance.
- Giant Raffle supporting Team River Runner with lots of great prizes
- BBQ Lunch provided by the Mission Bay Yacht Club (burgers, chicken and veggie options)
- Ninkasi Beer: Sit back, have a beer and enjoy the festivities. Every pint of Ninkasi sold will be donated to Team River Runner.
- Fun, community and more!What: Pints & Paddle For A Cause, Fifth Annual Fundraiser to Support Team River RunnerWhen: Saturday, September 15, 2018Time: 7am to 2pm
Where: Mission Bay Yacht Club (1215 El Carmel Place, San Diego, CA 92109)
Why support Team River Runner? Since 2004, TRR's mission is to create an environment of healthy adventure by providing innovative paddling programs to assist with the recovery of for healing active duty and veteran service members through paddlesports.
For more info and to sign up, visit www.pintsandpaddles.org