Why #PPG2017 Is Focused On Everyday Paddlers
The Pacific Paddle Games presented by Salt Life are a celebration of all things paddling. And that means that all paddlers of all levels are invited to come and participate in the biggest SUP event in the world!
While the Pro categories are exciting and provide the most competitive paddle racing of the year, PPG organizers realize that there would be no sport without those participants out there that support the sport throughout the year by buying boards, reading magazines, going to events and generally living the SUP life.
This year we’ve made some updates to the event to be more inclusive of all paddlers. Check them out:
- Fitness Zone. We’re expanding on our industry leading Demo Zone by adding a Fitness Zone focused on companies that focus on keeping you in shape. You can expect fitness classes, health aids, workout gear and much more.
- New Open and Youth Technical Course. This course has been expanded to a two-lap, 2.4-mile circuit that will test racers’ surf and buoy turn abilities. Youth racers will complete one lap.
- Open Technical Exhibition Race. We know there are plenty of Open racers out there that want to race on the Pro Technical course without bumping rails with the best in the world. Well, we’re giving them the chance. The top 16 Open Men and Women Technical racers will be eligible compete in separate exhibition heats on the Pro Technical Course in front of the paddle race world!
- Team Relay Race. 20 teams with four members each (two Pros, one Open, one Junior with at least one racer among them being female) will duke it out on Sunday afternoon for bragging rights and a chance to be featured in SUP magazine!
- Super Grom Fun Race. The goal of #PPG2017 is to get as many people on the water as possible and that means kids that may not have ever paddled! This race is for them. Set on the north end of Doheny State Beach near the jetty, this protected zone is the perfect place for youngsters to get their first taste of SUP racing. Bring your kids!
#PPG2017 is for every paddler. Make sure to join us on September 30 and October 1 for the biggest SUP event of the year!